|Research and Evaluation|
|RESEARC & EVAL|
|CLASS CODE:||RL 487||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||BUSINESS & COMMUNICATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Empirical research methods used in leisure service delivery programs. The selection and application of appropriate research methods. How to design, collect, analyze, interpret, and report information for needs assessment and program evaluation. Review of pertinent research literature.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|| Research Design
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Explore the purposes of recreation research.
2. Design a research project to investigate or evaluate a recreation related question or problem.
3. Collect and analyze data.
4. Report research findings.
5. Use computer and statistical techniques to record, analyze, and report research data.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. Prepare a bibliography
2. Research Proposal
3. Complete exercise questions at end of each reading assignment
4. 4 quizzes
5. Written Research Report
6. Research Presentation
7. Final exam
8. Attendance and Participation
|PREREQUISITES:||Math 221 Statistics – to be completed before or concurrently.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2002|