|Assessment in Therapeutic Recreation|
|ASSESS IN TR|
|CLASS CODE:||RL 471||CREDITS: 3||FEE: $10|
|DIVISION:||BUSINESS & COMMUNICATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Patient assessment, treatment plan development, and counseling procedures.|
|TAUGHT:||rotates between Fall and Winter each year|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Recognize the professional development of TR services.
2. Envision the TR service model.
3. Define interdisciplinary theories used in TR.
4. Meaure reliability and validity of inferences made from psychometric assessments and the use of these inferences in identifying client needs and developing treatment plans.
5. Know the use of observational techniques in assessing patient needs.
6. Describe the process and procedures for developing specific programs.
7. Explain methods to document clients’ behaviors.
|REQUIREMENTS:||1. RESERVED READING
2. Charting assignments
3. Assessment assignments
4. Attendance and Participation
|PREREQUISITES:||Must have completed RL370 Therapeutic Recreation. Highly recommended prerequisite Math 221 Statistics.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2003|