|Program Dynamics in Therapeutic Recreation|
|PROG DYNA TR|
|CLASS CODE:||RL 472||CREDITS: 3||FEE: $10|
|DIVISION:||BUSINESS & COMMUNICATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||This course is designed to provide the Therapeutic Recreation student with practical exposure to a broad range of therapeutic techniques and to assist in gaining clinical skills and competencies needed to plan and implement programs for people with disabilities.|
|TAUGHT:||rotates between Fall and Winter each year|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Know the use of research findings in efficacy based programming.
2. Design a comprehensive Therapeutic Recreation program that includes treatment oriented and leisure/recreation oriented activities and programs.
3. Define concepts and standards related to individual program planning and Therapeutic Recreation.
4. Demonstrate planning, implementation and processing therapeutic activities.
5. Relate leisure education content and techniques to the recreation client.
6. Practice a variety of individual and group facilitation techniques, including therapeutic intervention, instruction, leadership, supervision and counseling techniques.
7. Explain basic concepts of pharmacology and use of medications.
8. Define and write treatment protocols.
9. Analyze drug actions, biotransformation and effects of central nervous system medications
10. Document individual progress toward established goals.
11. Conduct assessment interviews using basic interview principles.
1. Reserved Readings
3. Self-awareness Paper
|PREREQUISITES:||Must have completed RL 370 Therapeutic Recreation.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2003|