|Agricultural Business Management|
|CLASS CODE:||AGBUS 450||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Application of approved practices, concepts, principles and tools of management in an agricultural business.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall and Winter|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Planning, organizing, directing and controlling various elements of a business, including accounting, personnel management, human relations, production, finance and appraisal.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Identify and use proper management techniques.
2. Use economic principles to make better decisions.
3. Know and use proper financial tools to make better decisions.
4. Know how to establish economic and market value property.
5. Know the various types of farm business organizations.
6. Assemble a total program for a farm/ranch/other ag entity to operate on for one year.
7. Evaluate the financial feasibility and economic efficiency of a business operation utilizing proper technique and tools.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2004|