|CLASS CODE:||AGBUS 498||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Four to twelve week occupational experience in an agricultural related industry. The internship is structured and supervised to insure a variety of experiences pertaining to the agricultural industry.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter, and Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Meet with advisor to sign up for internship and to contact an internship provider.
2. Develop interpersonal skills for the internships.
3. Complete student internship agreement and master internship agreement with the intership provider.
4. Submit weekly internship activity reports.
5. Obtain employer's internship evaluation report.
6. Create a formal report addressing the internship experience.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Four to 12 week occupational experience in ag related industry. On the job learning reports, supervisor evaluations.|
|PREREQUISITES:||Consent of instructor.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|