|CLASS CODE:||AGRON 480||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Discussion of current problems and examination of latest developments and trends in agricultural business.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||* Current problems and examination of latest developments and trends in agricultural business. * A survey of occupational opportunties in the agribusiness field.
* Writing job descriptions and job titles.
* Resume writing. Letter of application.
* Application for employment.
* Personal interviews.
* Study for and take the crop consultant examination that will cover all agronomic areas
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Create an assessment outcome of the four-year experience obtained at BYU-Idaho.
2. Attend at least one career fair.
3. Talk with employers and industry represetatives about employment opportunities.
4. Discuss possible graduate school options.
5. Create, add to, and finalize individual portfolio for employment or continued education.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2002|