|CLASS CODE:||AGSYS 124||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Test and repair procedures for engines, electrical, power trains and hydraulics found on compact equipment.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Test and repair procedures for engines, electrical, power trains and hydraulics found on equipment larger than small engines and smaller than 50 horse power tractors. Examples are: Riding lawnmowers, utility tractors, ditch witch tractors, four wheelers, snowmobiles, go-carts, skid steer loaders, all gas tractors, and etc.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Obtain a BYU-Idaho driving permit.
2. Be aware of possible hazards and continually think safety.
3. Identify and describe the functions of 4-cycle and 2-cycle engines.
4. Remove, clean, inspect, and assemble various parts of 4-cycle and 2-cycle engines.
5. Disassemble, repair, and adjust various parts of a fuel system.
6. Remove, inspect, and service components of cooling and lubrication systems.
7. Diagnose and test engines.
|REQUIREMENTS:||A BYU-Idaho driving permit is required before students are allowed to operate University agricultural machinery.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2002|