|Major Engine Overhaul|
|MAJ ENGIN OVRH|
|CLASS CODE:||AGSYS 201||CREDITS: 4||FEE: $10.00|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Engine theory and procedures of complete engine overhaul and rebuilding. Major problem diagnosis and testing.|
|TAUGHT:||Winter (even years)|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||* Safety practices.
* Use of operator's and/or service manuals to properly service and repair equipment.
* Understand engines and how they work.
* Basic engine components.
* Types of fuel systems.
* Identify and correctly use testing and service tools.
* Efficiently use measuring tools.
* Types of lubrication systems.
* Intake and exhaust systems.
* Types of cooling systems.
* Governing systems.
* Trouble shooting on agricultural engines.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Know how to service an engine.
2. Understand how an engine works.
3. Identify why an engine fails.
4. Explain and show what to do about engine failure.
5. Determine how to repair an engine.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|