|CLASS CODE:||AGSYS 240||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Principles and methods of planning and constructing structures for housing, service, or storage.|
|TAUGHT:||Winter and Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||In the agribusiness industry there is a need to become familiar with basic construction requiremtns and skills in order to perform expected tasks. This class is designed to provide hands on activities within agribusiness type structures. This is a course designed for the student that has very little if any construction skill.
* Principles and methods of planning and constructing structures for agribusiness type structures, housing,and storage.
* Requirements for utilities; standards of performance; design; selection of materials; and cost estimating.
* Site layout
* Excavation practices.
* Concrete footing development, flat work and stem wall development.
* Framing, exterior and interior walls.
* Building floors.
* Exterior sheeting.
* Roofing. Truss design and placement. Roofing materials and placement.
* Doors and windows.
* Exterior siding.
* Electrical concepts.
* Interior sheeting.
* Finishing materials.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Become familiar with basic construction requirements.
2. Become proficient with basic construction skills: concrete, framing, sheeting, roofing, and fixture placement.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|