|CLASS CODE:||AGSYS 230||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Principles, systems and applications of electrical energy in agriculture.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall (even years)|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Agriculture wiring is unique in that it requires a large amount of knowledge as well as close observance of electrical principles in order to repair, replace, or install electrical systems or components.
* Equipment and devices.
* Circuits, conduits and related units.
* Instructional modules will be selected to meet the needs of various student groups.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Understand and demonstrate safety procedures in electrical wiring.
2. Describe electrical energy and how it works.
3. Define common electical terms and give them relationships.
4. Measure volt, amps, ohms, and figure electrical power requirements.
5. Design and connect electrical wires and devices according to code so that they function properly.
6. Solve electrical problems within the wiring of different components.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2002|