|CLASS CODE:||TA 126||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||PERFORMING AND VISUAL ARTS|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Theory and practice of theatrical makeup.|
|TAUGHT:||Winter, Summer, Fall|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Theatrical makeup from straight/corrective and age makeup to special techniques including latex, nose putty and hair construction.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||Recognize the effects of colored staage lighting on various makeup and costume colors. Practice the art principle of CHIAROSCURO as it applies to altering the appearance of the face to achieve different results. Design and execute specific makeups to demonstrate a knowledge of basic stage makeup principles.|
|REQUIREMENTS:||Quizzes, one major exam, and graded labs for each of the makeup categories. Students also gain experience by preparing other students for their roles in the department productions.|
|OTHER:||TA 126 is required for students with an emphasis in Theatre or Technical Theatre.
1. Ben Nye Stage Makeup Kit , available through Theatre Secretary in Snow 120 ($45.00 + $2.25 tax)
2. Grubby buttoned shirt to cover school clothes
3. Box of tissues
4. Bag(s) of wedge-shaped sponges
5. Cold cream or other cleansing cream, astringent (Baby Wipes).
6. Something to keep your hair out of your face.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 1981|