|Agricultural Machinery Systems Analysis|
|MEC SYST ANALY|
|CLASS CODE:||AGSYS 274||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Testing and diagnosis for various pieces of equipment related to agriculture systems pertaining to the production of food.|
|TAUGHT:||Winter (even years)|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||* Testing and diagnosis for various pieces of equipment related to agriculture systems pertaining to the production of food.
* Simple and complex testing techniques will be developed for proper operational adjustments and analyzing malfunctions including but not limited to computer controls.
* A simulated on the job work situation will be followed through out the duration of this course.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Obtain a BYU-Idaho driving permit.
2. Demonstrate safety as it relates to agriculture machinery.
3. Develop a system for effective diagnostics and service in an agriculture machinery repair station.
4. Apply skills acquired to diagnose and repair agriculture equipment.
5. Analyze repairs made on agricultural equipment and determine charges for service.
|REQUIREMENTS:||A BYU-Idaho driving permit is required before students are allowed to operate University agricultural machinery.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|