|Agicultural Maintenance Welding|
|AG MAIN & WELD|
|CLASS CODE:||AGSYS 125||CREDITS: 3||FEE: $20.00|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||An overview in the use of electric arc and oxy acetylene welding equipment with an emphasis upon maintenance welding as it pertains to farm and ranch applications.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||* Safety.
* Basic welding processes. Oxy and acetylene.
* Plasma - Arc #2 cutting.
* Arc welding.
* Mig welding.
* Uses, and classifications of related supplies and materialS.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Understand from the beginning, the importance of safety for oneself and others in the proximity.
2. Learn basic welding processes and fundamentals.
3. Develop manipulative skills with the use of welding equipment.
4. Gain a theoretical background and lab experience for skillful performance required in the welding process.
5. Explain and show how to eliminate and repair welding failures.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|