|CLASS CODE:||AGSYS 290||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Independent study, special assignment and/or advanced inquiry in an area of special interest, approved after consultation with instructor in charge.|
|TAUGHT:||Fall, Winter and Summer|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Independent study, special assignment and/or advanced inquiry in an area of special interest, approved after consultation with instructor in charge.
* Involves library, laboratory and field studies.
* Periodic conferences and assessments by instructor.
* Student working with instructor will research and develop a course of intense study of interest to the student.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Analyze the education process and construct a set of requirements to acquire learning in needed areas.
2. Develop and design learning content.
3. Develop and design learning objectives.
4. Choose learning resources and strategies.
5. Choose the guidance to be used to evaluate the accomplishment of objectives.
|REQUIREMENTS:||* Consent of instructor and department chairman.
* A contract between student and instructor
* Periodic conferences with assessments by instructor.
* Completion of contract will determine final grade.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|