|CLASS CODE:||AGSYS 365||CREDITS: 2|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Advanced principles regulating the transmission and control of fluid power hydraulics. Trouble shooting and system repairs.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||The application, operating, inspection, testing, servicing and repair of hydraulics, circuits, systems and components as pertains to the application of hydraulics in agriculture machinery.
* General maintenance.
* Diagnosis, testing and trouble shooting.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Obtain a BYU-Idaho driving permit.
2. Understand the safety procedures working on hydraulics.
3. List and define basic hydraulic system testing equipment and procedures.
4. Explain how to hook up a hydraulic tester.
5. Become familiar with the seven basic steps of diagnosis.
|REQUIREMENTS:||A BYU-Idaho driving permit is required before students are allowed to operate University agricultural machinery.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2001|