|Methods of Teaching Agriculture|
|AG TEACH METH|
|CLASS CODE:||AGED 452||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|DEPARTMENT:||AGRICULTURE BUSINESS SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Competence in teaching methods, along with competence in the technical subject matter is essential to be effective as a teacher of agriculture.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||These are but a few of the questions that will be examined and tested in order to enable future educators in agriculture to be successful in the teaching and learning process.
* Factors influenceing decisions about teaching.
* Principles of teaching and learning
* Planning the course of study.
* Learning as problem solving.
* Planning for instruction.
* Group teaching techniques.
* Individualized teaching techniques.
* Manageing student behavior.
* Application of Learning: The laboratory.
* Application of Learning: Supervised Agriculture Experience.
* Application of Learning : FFA
* Teaching disadvantaged and handicapped students.
* Teaching adults.
* Evaluation of learning.
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Give students a vision of what it is like teaching agriculture.
2. Solve prioblems--amajor component in teaching agriculture.
3. Build techniques used in effective teaching.
4. Develop factors that influence the effect of teaching.
5. Learn how to enhance lab experience in the curriculum.
6. Gain a knowledge and expertise in FFA and SAE programs.
7. Develop appropriate classroom environment.
8. Understand special provisions for teaching disadvantaged, handicapped, and adult students.
9. Determine content: what to teach, how to teach, when to teach.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2003|