|CLASS CODE:||AS 360||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||AGRICULTURAL AND LIFE SCIENCES|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Study whole systems of Beef Cow Management. The study of resource management, cattle grazing impacts, economics in ranching, managing feed cost, body condition and cow marketing options.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||*Whole systems management
*Biological function of a beef cow
*Measuring beef cattle through body condition screening
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Illustrate systems management and economic decision making in beef industry.
2. Study supply and demand models and impact of world trade.
3. Explain consumer influence in beef demand and discuss methods in producing beef for sustainable profit.
4. Investigate environmental issues and beef producer's responsibility for protecting the environment.
5. Study breeds of cattle, cattle handling, health concerns, reproduction and nutrition.
6. Define the economic model of profit and what influence affects return.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2002|