|CLASS CODE:||B 440||CREDITS: 3|
|DIVISION:||BUSINESS & COMMUNICATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Covers key issues in managing and developing marketing databases for segmenting markets, maximizing reltaionships with customers, and developing marketing tactics. Includes learning to use data mining, CRM and other database tools to focus on developing data analysis skills.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||To enhance students technological, quantitataive analysis, problem-solving, teamwork and communication skills with a special emphasis in in-depth analysis of an organizations data.
To understand databases and related tools and techniques well enough to design and implement marketing strategies that will capitalize on the data contained in those databases inmarketing to customers.
Students will gain the following skills -
- Know the steps involved in deevloping any database strategy to ensure marketing objectives are met.
- Know the basics of database technology needed to effectively interact with IT professionals
- Know why and how we segment the marketing database to significantly increase marketing effectiveness.
- Know how global, social and ethical issues impact dtabase marketing today.
- Know the options available for determining customer lifetime value.
- Be able to complete the proper steps toanalyzing marketing tests with confidence.
- Be able to do data mining operstions on actual data.
|REQUIREMENTS:||projects assignments, presentations, hoemwork, unit exams|
|PREREQUISITES:||IS 140 and B 247 or B 341|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2004|