|Students in Free Enterprise|
|CLASS CODE:||B 284||CREDITS: 0.5|
|DIVISION:||BUSINESS & COMMUNICATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||The purpose of the Students in Free Enterprise is to allow students to integrate all of their learned business skills into teaching and sharing the principles of free enterprise, supporting SIFE, and engaging in experiential based hands-on practical experiences. Also, assist businesses in a consulting capacity, depending upon the needs of the local business community.|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Decision-making, self-management,critical thinking,interpersonal skills, team participation, leadership, team building, ethical conduct, integrity, and entrepreneurial enterprise.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Achieve a solid foundation in core subjects and a thorough understanding of the entrepreneurial enterprise.
2. Commit to continuous professional development and lifelong learning through deeper understanding of life goals, self-management of learning skills, and deeper understanding of the entrepreneurial process.
3. Develop an understanding of the forces of change, such as technology and globalization, to enhance managerial and decision-making skills.
4. Extend logical and critical thinking skills, including the capacity to think beyond boundaries and to engage in integrating analysis across disciplines.
5. Strengthen interpersonal skills, including team participation, team building, and leadership.
6. Increase commitment to integrity and ethical conduct in personal and professional pursuits.
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||January 2002|