|CLASS CODE:||B 298||CREDITS: 3 - 5|
|DIVISION:||BUSINESS & COMMUNICATION|
|GENERAL EDUCATION:||This course does not fulfill a General Education requirement.|
|DESCRIPTION:||Non-classroom program designed for students working full-time or part-time in business related employment. Students must complete a contract (provided by the business department) with their employer allowing them to work for college credits. Other requirements include, on-the-job learning reports, hourly log reports and supervisor evaluations. This is an excellent way to obtain college credits for business work experience. (90 work hours required for each credit earned.)|
|TAUGHT:||Winter, Summer, Fall|
|CONTENT AND TOPICS:||Students will be more prepared to enter the business work force upon graduation from college by completing an evaluated work experience program. Students will become more attractive to potential college recruiters by supplementing related work experience with their regular classroom college curriculum.|
|GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:||1. Work in an approved business related job for 90 hours per credit earned.
2. Learn a variety of business related skills on-the-job.
3. Complete related on-the-job learning reports to internalized the principles of business that are being experiencing on-the-job.
4. Receive on-the-job evaluations from three different sources to give adequate feedback of job skills and job progression.
5. Receive timely consultation from inside and outside sources to help direct on-the-job learning progress.
6. Receive compensation and recognition by receiving wages from the employer, and letters of recommendation from both the employer and BYU-Idaho.
|REQUIREMENTS:||Complete Information Sheet.
Complete Biweekly Log Reports.
Complete two quality Learning Reports per credit earned.
Complete 90 work hours per credit earned
Complete four Work Evaluations (2 student, 2 supervisor).
|PREREQUISITES:||Business Majors Only.|
|EFFECTIVE DATE:||August 2002|