The original Jacob Spori Building
was first used in 1903. In 1999 a study concluded that the building was
structurally unsound, and the decision was made to erect a new building in its place. On November 29, 2000, demolition
started and groundbreaking for the new Spori commenced on May 29, 2001. On August 22, 2003, the new Spori was dedicated
by Thomas S. Monson of the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The Spori Quad
viewed from the north side of the David O. McKay Library.